Want to earn a lawyers income without the student loan debt?
Hate the idea of a 9 to 5 office job?
Keen to eventually be your own boss?
Looking for an opportunity to retrain and work at the same time?
…then come and investigate a trades career. From the automotive to the construction industry opportunities for a career in the trades have never been better. Find out more at the Women in Trades Mini Conference 2017.
The event will cover:
- Different trades and their career pathways
- Trades training providers & industry organisations
- Apprenticeships - earn money while studying
- Funding – scholarships and financial assistance for your study
KEYNOTE & PANEL DISCUSSION
Hear direct from industry:
Keynote speaker Julie Raine's techniques for navigating and networking in male dominated work environments.
Women in trades on the challenges and opportunities of a trades career.
Training advisors and employers on apprenticeships, training and career pathways.
MEET TRAINING PROVIDERS
Learn about training options:
ITO's including X and Y.
Apprenticeships through X and Y.
ITP's including X and Y.
MEET POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS
Mingle with trades employers:
Other exciting activities:
- Guided tours of construction sites
in Wynyard Quarter – learn more
about the different trades that
come together on a project.
- Goody bags, spot prizes, a treasure
hunt and more…